Victor Stabin is inspiring children to read the dictionary, learn new words and draw!
Daedal Doodle isn’t just an ABC book; it is also the basis for a teaching curriculum that helps children develop literacy skills such as reading, writing and vocabulary acquisition. Students learn new words by reading through the dictionary, and then depict visual narratives for those new words–integrating a form of learning that enhances creativity and reinforces word meaning memory and recognition.
With arts funding reduced to less than $2 per student in many school districts across the country, it is important to identify well-designed, cost-effective arts education programs. Daedal Doodle requires a dictionary, a pencil, sheet of paper and unlimited imagination.
To date, Victor has taught his “accidental curriculum” at residencies, lectures, camps. keynotes and workshops at the following locations:
- School of Visual Arts, New York, NY
- Panther Valley School District, Lansford, PA
- Crayola, Easton, PA
- Carbon Career and Technical Institute, Jim Thorpe, PA
- Allentown Art Museum of the Lehigh Valley, Allentown, PA
- Tamaqua Area School District, Tamaqua, PA
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, NY
- The High School of Art and Design, New York, NY
- Nightingale-Bamford School, New York, NY
- Saucon Valley Middle School, Hellertown, PA
- SHINE After School Program, Carbon County, PA
ecology n. – The scientific study of interactions among organisms and their environment, such as the interactions organisms have with each other and with their environment.
surrealism n. – is a cultural movement that began in the early 1920s, and is best known for its visual artworks and writings. The aim was to “resolve the previously contradictory conditions of dream and reality.”
Ecosurrealistic Alliterator – self described title of American artist Victor Stabin born 1954.
ecosurrealistic painting – Dream like, allegorical, biographic, oil paintings that use turtles to show our connection with other species, as seen in the Turtle Series.
alliterator n. – One who alliterates, as seen in the ABC Book Daedal Doodle.